Converting Image to HTML/CSSJun 16, 2021 9131 seen
Convert Image to Code
One of the most common questions is how long does it take to convert images into HTML codes. This question has a broad answer and we will try to give a detailed answer to it.
The conversion of the image to HTML / CSS code occurs when the project reaches the phase where the developers must implement the design. But do you know how to convert images to code if you don't know what programming is and how to work with codes? Some tools will speed up the process of converting these designs into real websites.
What is HTML?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a programming language used to define parts of web pages or mobile applications for the web browsers that visit them. HTML is the simplest block in web development, which is why it is so important to learn.
HTML tells browsers which port is the header or footer of a web page, where any paragraph goes, where graphics, images, and videos, etc. are placed.
- The browser takes HTML content and converts it to what people see on their device screen.
- HTML is the standard language that all web browsers understand.
- HTML is also the generally accepted standard for search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing to build websites based on relevant search queries.
Hand Coding or Image to Code Converters
Hand coding gives you maximum flexibility and insight into the inner workings of your site. It is important to know your site inside and out. This makes repairs easier because you usually have a much better understanding of what's going on than you would otherwise. However, this requires a deep understanding of the code. If you are not a programmer, writing code by hand is simply impractical.
Let's take a look at three simple cases of converting images to HTML and CSS codes.
- Converting website template from PNG to HTML code - You may have designed your website layout and saved it in PNG format, but now you will need to convert them to HTML web pages. In this case, you need to know a thing or two about HTML and CSS, even more.
- Converting the code image file to HTML text. You can get an image file that stores HTML text, and now you need to extract HTML text from PNG using OCR technology, and then copy and paste those texts into your HTML file.
- Displaying an image in an HTML file. If you have an HTML file and need to display an image on a web page, you need to first upload the PNG image to your website server, and then add the HTML code to display the image appropriately.
Convert Code PNG Image to HTML text
To extract the code from the PNG image and then add it to the HTML file, OCR is required. OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition, it helps to recognize text from image-based files such as scanned files or text images. To convert PNG to HTML for free, we choose 3 free online tools.
There are dozens of online images to HTML converters, but Online-Convert is the only one that performs OCR on a PNG image and then exports it as an editable HTML format. It is a powerful online converter for working with archives, audio files, devices, documents, e-books, images, videos, etc.
- Go to https://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-html;
- Click “Choose Files” to upload the PNG image;
- Change the settings according to your needs - (Optional);
- Click “Start conversion” to turn PNG to HTML;
- Once the conversion is done, click “Download” to export PNG as HTML format.
Although the conversion does not support exporting PNG as HTML text directly, it is capable of performing OCR to save PNG in editable text, word, or other formats, then you just need to paste the recognized text into the HTML file.
Convertio OCR can save PDF and various images in 11 editable formats, it is also able to recognize multiple languages and process fast on the OCR job.
- Go to Convertio OCR. https://convertio.co/ocr/;
- Click “From Computer” to upload the PNG image;
- Choose file language, output, and page range;
- Click “Recognize” to turn PNG image to text;
- Copy/paste the text to your HTML image and save it.
# 3 online2pdf
- online2pdf is another platform that allows users to convert PDFs and images to various formats, it is capable of performing OCR on scanned PDFs or images and exporting them to editable formats such as text, Word, Excel, etc. This allows users to customize the file to a limited extent.
- Go to the online2pdf website;
- Click Select Files to upload PNG files;
- Select output as text and select the language of the file;
- Click "Convert" to export the PNG image as text;
- Copy and paste the text into an HTML file, save the file.
Display Image in HTML file
As we know, an image can’t be directly added into an HTML file, we need to turn the image into code. To display an image in an HTML file, you need to upload a PNG image to the server and get the URL. Many platforms allow users to upload images online.
- Step 1. Go to https://imgbb.com/;
- Step 2. Click “Start Uploading” > “Upload” your PNG image to the website server;
- Step 3. In the Insert Codes section, select Full HTML Link and then copy the codes as follows:
- <img src=”https://i.ibb.co/Wg72z2Q/golden-retriever-puppy.jpg” >